If you are manufacturing products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, you must provide assurance that your equipment will not cause an explosion during routine operation.
The GOST-R Ex-proof (explosion proof)/ATEX Certificate is granted a certificate to indicate that a product is suitable for use in explosive atmospheres and are provided the information needed to use it safely.
EX-proof certification is required for components of the devices, the devices themselves, for equipment and systems intended for use in explosive atmospheres.
Explosion-proof equipment (Ex-equipment) - it is a device which prevents the construction of a fire environment, which may result from their use.
It is important to know that obtaining a Russian (GOST Ex) certificate of conformity for explosion proof equipment (certificate of conformity explosion proof) is mandatory and is not dependent on the presence of the international certificate .
Oil Refineries, Oil and Petro-Chemical Industry, Mines and some other Industrial Areas which designed and marked as hazardous area in the drawings are required the usage of Ex-proof rated Equipment, and for them Ex-proof GOST-R and RTN (Rostechnadzor) Approval should be obtained in Russia. Mainly, these equipment are:
- All Electrical equipment which are used in hazardous areas; such as electrical devices, switches, sensors, other distribution elements,
- Measuring Equipment which work with electrical power consumption including low-voltage,
- Automatic Controlling Systems,
- Connection Elements; such as junction boxes, cable glands,
- Wireless Systems,
- Telecommunication Equipment,
- Actuators, Valve Controllers,
- Non-electrical equipment; but because of the movement potential ignition resources.